Hall Bower Athletic Club has been the heart of the local community since inception in 1897.
Started, as far as we know so that local sportsmen could have a refreshing beverage after a hard game of cricket! After being turned down for their own club house on the same land as the cricket pitch because it was owned by the church! No drinking on gods land lads! Off they went and started their own away from church owned land, the rest they say…
The buildings that the Club currently occupy were left to the village in the past and again as far as we know is the 3rd home of Hall Bower Athletic Club.
The bar at Hall Bower Club was re-built for the millennium and is now the focal point of the institution.
The bar is run now entirely by club members and volunteers and there is always a warm and friendly welcome for all visitors, old and new.